Tuesday, July 22, 2008

AAQ

No AAQ is not that new fraternity you heard about it, it’s not that new sorority either. It stands for ANTICIPATED ASKED QUESTIONS. These are not questions that I’ve been asked, but I anticipate that they will be asked. Does that make me psychic? Not really, just very insightful.

Can you tell me more about the script?
Not really. The script is SO SHORT that if I reveal any more you will figure out what “the part” is and ruin the surprise of the story.

Why is the script so short?
For the people lucky enough to read the script, it is very short. I wrote it that way for two reasons. 1. To put it on the Internet. A lot of sites don’t allow you to upload anything longer than fifteen minutes. 2. Because I’m aware that my cast and crew have “day jobs” and I didn’t want to commit them to successive weeks of shooting for an extended period.

I wrote this with a ONE-DAY shoot in mind. I want to get it on and over with so I could move to the next production phase.

What is the “next phase”?
Editing it. Cutting the scenes together. Adding ambient (background) noise and then music. After that it’s marketing it to film festivals.

Why not put it on the Internet when you finish editing it?
Because for film festivals stronger consideration is given to films that have NOT had significant prior exposure and that means the Internet.

Is this film going to make money?
No. Short films don’t make money. Plain and simple. No one is going to pay more than $5 to see a film that is only 15-20 minutes long.

Why make a short film if it’s not going to make money?
Because feature length films take a lot money to make, at least if the film is going to look like anything. Short films are a representation of the skills of the cast and crew and a means of advancement. No one can see what you can do until they…see what you can do.

How do you say your name anyway?
Well I wrote about that in another blog right here

If you have real questions to ask me please email them to me. The email is info@notherbrother.com . If you do email me you’re giving me consent to publish your question in whole or in part. If you don’t want it published just say so and that’s fine too. If I do publish your question, don’t worry I won’t use any “real names” except my own. :)

No comments: