Thursday, September 4, 2008

Director's Cut

When you see this film, you'll see the "Director's Cut". Why? Because there is no studio involved fighting to make their cut. I am the EP (Executive Producer) so there is no need to worry about an EP's fight over what the final cut of the film should be. What you will see is what I feel is the best version of the film that I wrote.

I just finished the first "slash" in that cut a couple of hours ago.

I'm going to be intentionally vague about the scenes I'll talk about to keep the plot as secret as possible. The cast and crew will know what I'm talking about because they were there. Ain't it good to be "in the know"?

My editor Gino and I just finshed the FIRST scene. Andrea and Brittley were GREAT.

(From left to right Andrea Ross and Brittley Hardrick)

If I didn't know I'd swear they were related before (They play sisters in the film). They are "related" now since they are a part of the " 'Nother Brother family" :-)

There is no [music] score yet, we'll do that last (after the whole film is edited). There are some other sound issues we have to clean up, but the lighting looked great, the shots looked great and the performances were...well you know GREAT.

Very nice job Brittley and Andrea. Gino wants to edit "the kitchen scene" next. Stay tuned.

No comments: