Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Director’s Cut-Edit 4:In the Still of the Byte

Forgive the bad pun, but it came to me in a dream, well more like when I woke up. Does that count as a “vision”? Let me explain myself. What I’m bringing you in this post is photo “stills” from The Part via computer in the form of (mega) “bytes”. See it all makes sense. :/ They say if you have to explain a joke (or pun as it were) then it’s not funny. :( That very well may be true, but I had to explain the method to my madness anyway.

I woke up thinking about this blog entry because I was supposed to post these stills last night, but was too tired. After watching a late overtime Monday night football game (Baltimore Ravens, they lost), I had to go to work the next morning and then edited again last night after work. After all that, I just went to bed. I wanted to post the stills because I’m just as excited to show them as I am for the cast to see them. These are actual stills from our film (as opposed to photos from the actual shoot).

Monday and Tuesday Gino and I worked on the “kitchen scene” pictured in the stills. The last scene is from the “reveal scene” I spoke about here. I’ll try to post more stills in the future. Enjoy :)







Previous editing blog entries:
Director's Cut
Director’s Cut-Edit 2
Director's Cut-Edit 3:Meet the EIC

No comments: