Monday, August 4, 2008

Cast Away 3

I don’t have a Cast Away joke for this entry, but fo’ real though they were getting tired. Ain’t nothing worst than a tired joke. Well there ARE a couple of things worst, but you get the idea. It’s called a colloquialism.

We had our auditions July 19th and from it we found a lot of fantastic actors. I have to thank Ms. Holley again for getting me several actors to audition whom we actually cast.

First up our little movie family is almost complete. We have cast the superfantastic Brittley Hardrick as the little sister DEE DEE.








As her cousins we have

Samara Caton as TIA









Billy D as DINO









Kendall Forbes as EJ







Donald Barnett as COUSIN WILL







Marcella Price as COUSIN ANGELA











Playing her Aunt is Rosita Matthews as AUNT DINA









Playing GABRIEL we have Omar Bah








Playing GABRIEL’S WIFE is Cynthia Forbes (yes Kendall’s mother)







Insight on my creative process




The characters of the younger cousins are named after my actual cousins Tia, Dante (nickname Dino) and Everette Jr…EJ. The older cousins I kind of picked out of the sky. Cousin Will might have been named after Will Smith, but I don’t remember. If you’re a fan of Will Smith I SURE DID name the character after him. :-)

I named Aunt Dina after my...get this…Aunt Dina. (I also named a character after her before in my televised play Down With The King ). Gabriel I picked out of the sky and I thought it sounded slightly uppity. Aloisius? Too uppity.

Dee Dee is the one character I kind of named after myself. My full name is Donald Dankwa Brooks or D.D. Brooks, but I’ve never been called that and never want to be called that. D.D. sounds like a girl’s name to me hence…Dee Dee.

Other characters I’ve written named after myself? Danika, a variation on Dankwa one of the main characters from my televised play Love, Rhythm, & Blues, Daniel Braxton a variation on Donald Brooks one of the main characters of another televised play Without A Doubt and so forth. Does that make me narcissistic? Well it’s not like I’ve talked about my past accomplishments and the great stuff I’ve written…I just hyperlinked them. :-)

Previously on Part Blog, Part News:
Cast Away
Cast Away 2 or How I Met Ms. Holley

No comments: